The Infrastructure Engineer consults on all aspects of AWS cloud infrastructure offerings, performs integration with corporate datacenters and/or third-party infrastructure, VPN, direct connect, firewalls, etc. They manage shared cloud infrastructure services such as AWS organizations and accounts, VPC, IPAM, security groups, NACLS, routing, active directory, federation, DNS and others. They work on the engineering and continuous improvement of stacks, templates, images and other artifacts to standardize consumption of shared cloud services and delivery of application specific infrastructure.
- Engineer, manage and support cloud infrastructure products and stacks
- Partner with existing Enterprise IT organizations to integrate cloud infrastructure/network environment with corporate infrastructure/data center environment
- Perform hands-on technical coaching to accelerate cloud infrastructure learnings across the organization
- Pair with engineering teams to design and implement codified stacks that meet the needs of their applications
- Operate and support cloud team products and legacy applications not operating in a full-stack operating model
- Drive infrastructure as code and configuration management communities of practices across the organization
- Utilize enterprise tools to manage, monitor and secure large enterprise data center environments
- Troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Experience with infrastructure-as-a-service platforms such as AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, OpenStack, etc.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience with orchestration template technologies such as AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, bash, C#, Node.js, etc.
- Experience with development using GitHub or TFS
- Experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos
- Proven experience performing server, network and storage systems design, implementation and administration
- Experience managing traditional enterprise platforms for application, integration middleware and relational databases
- Experience with on-premises to cloud migrations, including re-hosting, re-platforming and re-factoring
- Experience with system engineering or project management, taking projects from initial concept through planning, implementation and consultation